CSMAC Subcommittee 4 Presentation 07/30/2020
NTIA HANDBOOK 1 -- GUIDANCE AND PROCEDURES FOR OBTAINING A SPECTRUM CERTIFICATION
The policies and regulations presented in Chapter 10 of the Manual require that a spectrum certification be obtained under certain conditions. Federal agencies must comply with the provisions of Chapter 10, and they must follow the procedures in NTIA Handbook 1 – Guidance and Procedures for Obtaining a Spectrum Certification to obtain a spectrum certification for a federal telecommunications system that uses the spectrum.
NTIA Handbook 1 consists of two parts:
- General Guidance and Procedures; and
- Using the EL-CID software.
NTIA HANDBOOK 2 – FREQUENCY ASSIGNMENTS: OBTAINING, AMENDING, OR DELETING
Chapter 7 of the Manual contains the policies and regulations concerning frequency assignments. Federal agencies must comply with the entire Manual, more specifically with the provisions of Chapter 7, and they must follow the procedures in NTIA Handbook 2 – Guidance and Procedures for Frequency Assignments: Obtaining, Amending, or Deleting to obtain, amend, or delete a frequency assignment for a federal station.
NTIA Handbook 2 contains the following frequency-assignment action procedures:
- Part 1 – General Guidance and Procedures
- Part 2 – Unique Coordination Guidance and Procedures
- Part 3 – Guidance and Procedures for Unique Spectrum Usage Conditions
- Part 4 – Guidance and Procedures for Using Allotments and Allotment Plans
- Part 5 – Guidance and Procedures for Using Frequency Plans
- Part 6 – Guidance on Preparing Applications for Frequency Assignment Actions
- Part 7 – Guidance on Using and Preparing Record Notes
- Part 8 – Guidance on Using Federal Travelers Information Stations Operating on 1610 kHz
NTIA HANDBOOK 3 – INTERNATIONAL MATTERS
NTIA Handbook 3 contains information the following:
- U. S. participation in the International Telecommunication Union (ITU).
- U. S. participation in multi-nation regional telecommunications organizations.
- United States and Canada Agreement: Coordination and Use of Radio Frequencies Above 30 MHz
- United States and Mexico: Sharing and Coordination Agreements, Protocols, and Arrangements
NTIA HANDBOOK 4 – ENFORCEMENT AND INTERFERENCE REPORTING
NTIA Handbook 4 consolidates all of the procedural sections on enforcement and interference reporting that were in various chapters in previous editions of the Manual.
NTIA HANDBOOK 5 – SPECTRUM MEASUREMENT TECHNIQUES
NTIA Handbook 5 consolidates all of the procedural sections on spectrum measurement techniques that were in various chapters and annexes in previous editions of the Manual.